CONSTRUCTION SITE REQUIREMENTS FOR VISITORS AND TRADESMEN
Subcontractor and suppliers (“vendor”) shall ascertain the applicability of, and shall timely and fully comply with all laws, orders, citations, rules, regulations, standards and statutes affecting or relating to their Agreement or its performance, including but not limited to those with respect to occupational health and safety, the handling and storage of hazardous materials, accident prevention, use of safety equipment, and safety practices, including the accident prevention and safety programs of the owner and CALTEC Corporation (“CALTEC”).
Vendors shall conduct regular inspections to determine that safe working conditions and equipment exist and accepts sole responsibility for providing a safe place to work for its employees and for employees of its sub-subcontractors and suppliers of material and equipment, for adequacy of and required use of all safety equipment and for full compliance with the aforesaid laws, orders, citations, rules, regulations, standards, statutes and programs.
All vendors shall be familiar and comply with occupational safety and health standards for construction as outlined in CFR Title 29 Part 1926 of the OSHA Standards for Construction.
CALTEC holds the safety and health of all persons on our jobsites as our highest core value. To that end, we must respectfully request all of our jobsite visitors and Tradesmen abide by the following rules:
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Applicable Personal Protective Equipment is mandatory on all construction projects. This includes by is not limited to the following:
- Hard hats
- Eye protection
- High visibility safety vests
- Hard soled shoes or boots (no open toe shoes, sandals, high heels or gym shoes are permitted)
- No short pants (long pants are the preferred attire) or sleeveless tops
All visits must be scheduled in advance and all visits must be accompanied by a CALTEC representative. We want your visit to be a safe and rewarding one so we may need time to plan ahead to insure your safety and the safety of others. Please advise us if you need any protective gear (hard hats, etc.).
All visitors must check in with security at the jobsite entrance and most importantly, check in with the onsite CALTEC representative prior to entering the construction area. Special instructions may also be provided to you regarding the project’s Emergency Action Plan.
Please check out with security and CALTEC representative. In case of an emergency, visitors and crew must be accounted for.
All tradesmen shall enter and exit the jobsite in a professional, courteous manner. It is imperative that the conduct of all employees is such that we are accepted as guests within the neighborhood. Vendors shall be responsible for the actions of its employees.
Violation of the following rules will result in immediate dismissal from the project:
- No abusive or inappropriate language of any kind.
- Under no circumstances will any worker be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during work hours. Work hours include lunch, dinner breaks and time between shifts, when applicable.
- While on-site, the tradesmen are restricted to the construction area.
- No loitering on tenant spaces or Public areas unless authorized by CALTEC and/or owner’s representative.
- No loitering around the building or sidewalks.
- No unauthorized riding in passenger elevators: any violators of this rule will be removed from the building.
- No use of radios as to disturb occupants or neighbors.
- No animals will be allowed on the jobsite.
- No one shall physically abuse or harm any individual who works at or visits the building.
- No stealing.
- No smoking.
- No one shall possess firearms or explosives while in the building.
- No drinking of alcoholic beverages or taking of controlled substances.
- Prohibited to speak to students at an education institute jobsite.
Your cooperation in complying with these rules is greatly appreciated.